Tuesday, June 16, 2009

B E N-Bennie


On the first day of Preschool, Mrs. Patty called Ben by his full name Benjamin. He quickly corrected her and said his name is "Bennie". So, she wrote Bennie on his paper and he corrected her again. "No, my name is Bennie, B E N." Since then he's realized that Ben is spelled B E N. I love this guy. Sometimes he can be in his own little world but he loved preschool, and he loved Mrs. Patty. Ben hardly ever wanted to tell me right after he got home about what they did at school, but things would leek out here and there. It would sometimes stop me in my tracks. Mrs. Patty did get through to him and if he would have his way... he wouldn't go to any other teacher... EVER. One of these instances was when he started saying a word and then counting on his little fingers and then saying something like... dinosaur, that has 3 words in it. It took me a minute by what he meant it that it has 3 syllables in it. I thought it was cute that he called them words, but other wise would get them right every time. (of course I tried to correct him on that, but it will click when it clicks I think.) Ben does have one more year of preschool, and then he is off to Kindergarten.
The boys were all playing most of the time on the stage.


Bekah, stress reliever. Binky with the ear rubbing... it really works for her. Although soon we are going to try and give the binky's to the Binky Fairy. (wish me luck!)

He is so cute and proud. As Erik is of him too. And frankly I am also. Love you B E N.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Try cutting a little bit of the tip off of the binky. That way it doesn't suck as well. We tried that with Aubree, and I accidentally cut too much off so then we decided that the binky needed to be given to a neighbor baby that she picked. It went over pretty well. Good luck! Megan is a doll!